Firmware updates improve the performance of your devices and fix bugs. This article describes how to update Huawei firmware for wireless devices, you will need a flash code for the firmware upgrade that you can generate from Huawei Flash Code Calculator. We have a huge firmware, download the latest versions of Huawei software and firmware from Huaweifirmware.net or Huaweiflashfiles.com
HOW TO FLASH FIRMWARE HUAWEI MODEM
1) Connect your Huawei modem to PC / Laptop
2) Double click the update package, select the I Agree and click on Next
3) Begin searching device…”
4) Click Next
5) Updating. Pay attentiong to the following during the upgrade:
6) Start the upgrade by click “Start >”.
7) Wait until the installation procedure is complete
8) When upgrade finished, finished the upgrade click OK > “Finish”
HOW TO UPDATE FIRMWARE HUAWEI MOBILE WIFI
1) Connect PC and Huawei mobile wifi hotspot by USB cable; make sure the COM port is as same as the following image
2) Start the upgrade by click “Start >”.
3) Begin searching device…”
4) Updating. Pay attentiong to the following during the upgrade:
- Make sure that the PC is running on full power.
- Do not remove the data card
- Do not run other prgrams.
- Do not shut down, sleep, hibernate, log off, switch user or restart the PC.
5) When upgrade finished, finished the upgrade click “Finish >”
NOTES: Forcible execution to upgrade
- Make sure that TE is not running and not in charging.
- Hold down both the POWER button and RESET button for 2s and hold down the RESET button in 500ms when you see “FORCE UPDATE” on LCD to entry Forcible download model.
- Start from step 1 as explained in the normal procedure
HOW TO UPGRADE FIRMWARE HUAWEI ROUTER
Backing Up Important Configuration Data of Operating System and Database
1) Login Page
Access the web page for customer premises equipment (CPE) configuration
2) Login Local Upgrade page
Enter the user name and password, click Login in, and choose Home > Upgrade on the page that is displayed.
4) Wait until the upgrade succeeds.
5) After the restart, refresh the page and log in to the system.
UPDATE HUAWEI ROUTER WITH MULTICAST UPGRADE TOOL
This section introduces the upgrade methods with the multicast sending packet tool. There are two schemes: single or lots of CPE upgrade. Except the connecting network method, They are the same during the upgrade. Several CPE upgrade scheme is usually used in production.
1) Setting the IP Address of PC
Please set the network card’s IP address manually which is connected with HUB 192.168.8.100(It could be used as ‘192.168.8.*’; * is an arbitrary number which is between 2 and 254; so it is in the same network with B315’s gateway 192.168.8.1)
2) Opening the Multicast Upgrade Software
3) Choosing the PC’s Network Card connecting the B315
Click the button ‘Refresh’ to refurbish the network card; then choose the card with the IP address 192.168.8.100
4) Configuring the Multicast Upgrade Software
Click the button ‘Open’ to get the dialog box of choosing upgrade files. Then select the right one and click the button ‘Open’ in the dialog box to return to the main face of the multicast software. We should make sure the upgrade file is correct and what you want to update!
5) Verifying the Product Version of Upgrade File
The product version is showed below the file content box. The version is the external release code. If it is showing error such as ‘Error file version…’ or ‘Analyse time-out…’, the upgrade file isn’t correct. Please choose it again. It’s showed as below
6) Verifying the force upgrade is done or not
If the CPE is in equipment mode and the LT station isn’t carry on, we also can use multicast upgrade, but don’t forget to choose the ’Force Upgrade’
Attention:If the CPE’s IMEI codes are all 0 and it is in equipment mode, please choose ’Force Upgrade’; otherwise we can’t use multicast upgrade( it means the LT station hasn’t been done in the production line).
7) Starting to Send Multicast Packages
Click the button ‘Start’ to begin to send the multicast packages.
8) Turning on Power to Upgrade B315
The LED Showing during the Upgrade
9) Neatening Steps after Upgrading successfully
- Remove the CPE which have been updated successfully;
- If all the CPE have been updated successfully, click the button ‘Stop’ to stop sending the multicast packets and close the multicast sending packet tool;
- Turn off HUB;
- Turn off PC.